Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After a recent reformat, the network adapter in my Pavilion G6 no longer works and I cannot connect to the internet. I am having real trouble finding the adapters and getting them to work.

After some research, I have the following specifications that may be useful

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Model Number: 1b61ca

Network Adapter: Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Ethernet Adapter: Ethernet Controller (Can't find much more info beyond this: http://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/driver_file_detail.php?inf_file_id=1022408&md5=d8756e3ed71839c5...)

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello Firengineer,

You can use another computer and download it, or you can order the Recovery CD here: http://goo.gl/jTht6 in the "Order Recovery Media" section. This will give you all of the original drivers and OS.

You can also call in and order it. Call 800-474-6836 and follow the prompts.

Please let me know if this solves your issue. Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hello Firengineer,

Which method did you use to reformat? If you used the recovery disk, the adapter should be there. What was your original problem which caused you to reformat in the first place?

Thanks,
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hello,

I did not use a recovery disk, I used a Windows 7 Disk. It required a reformat because there was a serious problem with viruses and spyware and the laptop needed to be working soon.

I do not have the recovery disk either. Where would I find one so I could install the adapter drivers?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hello Firengineer,

You can use another computer and download it, or you can order the Recovery CD here: http://goo.gl/jTht6 in the "Order Recovery Media" section. This will give you all of the original drivers and OS.

You can also call in and order it. Call 800-474-6836 and follow the prompts.

Please let me know if this solves your issue. Good luck!

Signature
HP Recommended

Why won't  technical support release the drivers?  What technical reason is there to not tell us what the drivers are?  Point people to the recovery disks when that means all the bloatware get reinstalled.

HP Recommended

Hello mmelendez5

HP does provide access to the drivers for their computers on their website. You can retrieve the drivers for any of the supported operating systems for your computer by going to the Drivers & Downloads site on the HP Support site. If you are unable to find the drivers for a particular operating system for your computer it means that HP does not support that operating system on your computer. That is not to say you cannot use the operating system, but you may loose some functionality. As well if you post the Hardware ID of the device you need to install and on which operating system we can look to find you compatible drivers.

I hope this helps you. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great weekend!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
my hp laptop having model no 15-d001sx, product no F8S82EA#A2N doesn't show any WiFi adapter after reinstalling windows 7. Tried whole 3 days to fix it but in vain. Pot help!
HP Recommended

I can offer a solution but it only solved the problem for my circumstance.  In a nutshell, you will need to manually connect to a modem to install the files necessary to do Wifi.  I assume that would also work for Bluetooth issues.  As crappy as Windows is, it is decent ehough to get the files necessary to get Wifi back up.  If you have this problem, I'll be happy to offer assistance for free.  Take that HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.