Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi gents,

my problem is indeed a mystery. I ve already asked few pc engineers and most have not even heard such a thing again. The last weeks i had several disconnections at home (100mbps fiber optic, at home comes copper). I had declared it at my internet provider, and the guys there did everything to fix but without result. Last days i realized that only after i connected to the internet with my laptop, and only then, after about max 10 minutes the line  was down. When i unplug the Ethernet cable and disable WiFi the internet connection has been restored! I tried it many many times. Meanwhile the most crazy is that via the same laptop i can connect to other networks without  problem . I ve scanned it with antivirus, i made the restore procedure, de install Ethernet and WiFi cards without result. Please if you have any idea i would be grateful to know. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dogen That error seems to be a windows system file issue and here are a few things that seems to have helped others users: Click here for step (applicable for both windows 7 & 10)

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

And as for the internet connection issue being solved, If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dogen The only thing that comes to mind is that the laptop may not be compatible with that connection, if it works fine with everything else but that particular connection with the issue, that said, to confirm I suggest we perform a hardware test on the device: 

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
  • (Run this test while connected to the Ethernet with the issue)

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle ,

thank you very much for the interest. I ll do your suggestion but before i would like to mention what i ve found meanwhile and for the last six hours the problem has been solved.

I tried to make the recovery procedure, but i failed because IT could not find a file (error 0x80070005). I googled it and found that is also known as ''access denied'' error. Moreover  i found a way via cmd (cmd---run as administrator---regsvr32 quartz.dll) that fixed the dll issue as it said. Now everything seems to work properly . I hope it ll last. It would be interesting to hear your opinion about it. Thanks again

HP Recommended

@Dogen That's awesome, although, I would suggest you observe the device for at least a week before celebrating this victory, to be sure we've won the war and not just the battle. 😉

Keep me posted and I wish you good luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally, that worked only for about two weeks and during this period it was needed to do the above procedure at least twice a day. I decided to make a format and the engineer told me that C drive was in bad situation. I changed it , and now for about one week the connection problem has been solved.

The only issue laptop has now is that it does not recognise a specific external hard drive (in other laptops plays regurarly) and show me this message:

EXT_framebuffer_object extention not found.

With other external drives it has no issue.

If any ideas would appreciate.

HP Recommended

@Dogen That error seems to be a windows system file issue and here are a few things that seems to have helped others users: Click here for step (applicable for both windows 7 & 10)

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

And as for the internet connection issue being solved, If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.