Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just purchased the device and I'm quite frustrated with the wi-fi issues I'm having. Below you can see Speed test runs: first - laptop, second - Pixel 3. What should I do in order to fix this poor performance out of the box?

SpeedTest HP.pngSpeed test - Pixel 3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have the same problem I recommend to you to install the last version of your Wi-Fi driver here: 

Download

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, the difference on download appears to me not normal if you have been on the same distance to your router.. Do you have updated all drivers (except the BIOS) with HP Support Assistant?? 

If yes, please right click on "computer" and clic to "manage". In left go to "devices manager" and duplicate clic on "networks" section to see inside. And tell me all your network cards.

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Fanordi. Here is what I have under Network node:

Annotation 2020-01-24 165200.png

By the way, I did all the steps from the HP support site regarding Troubleshooting of networking issues and reinstalled the Wi-Fi adapter.

HP Recommended

If you have the same problem I recommend to you to install the last version of your Wi-Fi driver here: 

Download

HP Recommended

It definitely got better now. Thanks for the suggestion! SpeedTest HP 2.pngScreenshot_20200124-180014.png

HP Recommended

Apparently the driver was not the cause. I'm back with download speeds capped at 10 Mbps on the laptop, whereas Pixel 3 gets it over 50 Mpbs. Same network, same frequency.

HP Recommended

Hello, it is not normal if the problem has solved last time.. You can try to uninstall all your drivers by right clic on this in the device manager. Select the box to delete all driver if available, click OK and restart the PC. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.