Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Presario CQ57-411TU, Windows 8 Pro. The F12 button (wifi) is constantly orange. Pressing it does not change the colour. Also noticed the Wi-Fi tab in pc settings is greyed out in the off position

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi dukesy,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you having some problems with your F12 wireless button. Try installing the HP Wireless Button Driver and that should resolve your issue.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi BHK6,

Firstly thankyou for your response. I downloaded and installed the driver you recommended.When the F12 button is pressed it turns to blue but only remains blue for a couple of seconds then returns to orange. Previously when I pressed F12 nothing happened but now when I press the button I get  an on screen message

Flight Mode off/on. Just to be sure I also installed the driver for wireless from my models driver page. This didn't seem to improve my sitsuation. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Dukesy

HP Recommended

Hi Dukesy,

Go to your Device Manager and expand Network Adapters. Choose you wireless adapter and right click it and go to Properties. Then go to the Power Management tab and uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.” Then restart your computer and see how it goes from there.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have he constant orange light but when checking devioce drivers there is only the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller showing - no wireless controller - is this the one to replace with the Windows Button Driver?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.