Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes it's hard to believe than HP can sell a product with a issue like this and ignore the problem. A few people that (luckily) did the 11 upgrade before warranty expiration contacted HP. HP told them to send their laptops in, and apparently mother boards were replaced (since the ax201 is soldered on to it on these newer laptops). This apparently fixed the issue, but since when can an upgrade cause a hardware failure? Doubt it very much, still thinking it is a core issue with the BIOS or possibly the driver.  I also have several HP computers and my small company is going out to bid on a new 100+ core server (we do CFD applications for rivers).  I vote with my wallet on things like this. I've already ordered a new Dell laptop and I'll phase out of everything HP over time. Screw me once.....

HP Recommended

I agree, there must be a software fix for this but maybe not enough people have upgraded with the laptops of the exact same specs as us yet.  I'm out of warranty by 6 days.  Sounds like you are making the right decision by going to another manufacturer that hopefully will support the products.  I will be fighting this with my credit card company since it should have extended the warranty to 2 yrs. 

HP Recommended

Another one here with the same problem. 

WIFI and every other wireless connection "died" after the update to Win11 and, of course, my laptop is out of warranty...

I've been trying to find a solution online but nothing. Here we are many with the same problem, at this point, HP should have acknowledged the problem and responded in some way. It is clear that this is a problem that we're facing and it is not us breaking it or a normal problem that happens randomly.

This is a VERY expensive laptop and we shouldn't be dealing with the problem, furthermore, dealing with no response from HP!

I bought this laptop for my wife as a gift and now we have a very expensive brick with no WIFI, Bluetooth... The first time (and probably last) that I buy HP...

HP Recommended

It seems this one particular Wi-Fi adaptor is a common culprit for these internet outage problems. It is truly aggravating that HP has barely addressed the massive problem many customers are having with this driver. Should I just cut my losses and an attempt to get a refund, is it even possible? 

Because trying to work with a laptop that cuts off randomly from the internet, is next-to-near impossible. The only reliable solution I have is to keep resetting the computer via Troubleshoot, but this is really annoying and not continuously feasible from a long-term standpoint. 

HP Recommended

When you reset your machine, what driver gets loaded? It may be that when you reset you install a very old driver for the AX201 adaptor (which works) but when windows updates, the adaptor fails again. I've tried every available current driver that I can find (9 total) without fixing the issue, but perhaps when you reset you are loading one that is even older than any currently available. Next time you reset to fix the issue, check your driver (in device manager), and let us know what it is.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and tried the same fixes prior to finding this thread. Is there still no support for this issue?

HP Recommended

Same here. Any help is appreciated

HP Recommended

Exact same issue here, and also tried all the drivers and updates I could find. Nuked the Windows install for a fresh one, but still nothing.

HP Recommended

Hello!

I had the same problem on a HP 15S Laptop, but could solve it with the windows update.

I activated optional updates in the windows updates and after a few restarts i could find a "system firmware update", which i installed.

This was a BIOS / UEFI Update and with that update, the Wifi problem was solved after the following windows boot up.

On the hp support site in the internet and also the hp diagnostic tool did not provide any driver or BIOS Update. Both said, that there is no driver or update available. Only windows update provided it.

A shame, that hp provides no possibility to directly download any driver for a Laptop without a RJ45 LAN jack.

There is also no driver for the mouse touch pad, which dos not work with a fresh installed windows.

This is not the kind of support, i would expcet for a >1000 Euro Laptop from a well-known manufacturer.

I hope, that my post could help someone.

best regards!

HP Recommended

Going back to Windows 10 did not work nor did a factory reset.

This also happened to me the day after Updating to Windows 11, with the bios update happening shortly before the WIFI adaptor stopped working entirely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.