Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11-ah0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, this problem has happened a while ago. I still haven't found a solution.

When this problem occured, I did not mess with the laptop. All I did was shut it.

I later on opened up the lid, and saw that the WiFi icon became the "No ethernet" icon. This can be a normal thing on the laptop, so I rebooted. Same thing.

Then, I logged back in, went to settings, and then clicked "Network reset". Then clicked "Reset now" and hit yes.

It told me that it would reboot in a few minutes, so I waited. Normally this would be the solution to this problem, but this time, it wasn't.

It was STILL showing the "No ethernet" icon. I logged in, and it still said that.

If I hover over the icon, it says "Not connected - No connections available". My brother has the same kind of laptop, but his wasn't doing that. When I click the icon, normally it would show all the available WiFi connections, the WiFi on/off button, mobile hotspot, and Airplane Mode. Now, it is just "Network & Internet settings" and airplane mode.

And no, WiFi is not disabled. The modem is on. And no, the HP Stream 11 ah0XX does not have a WiFi on/off switch.

Yes, I have tried troubleshooting WiFi and the WiFi Driver. Both tell me to plug in an Ethernet cord, even though it doesn't have an Ethernet port.

When I go to the driver's information, it says "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Error code 56."

I have tried reinstalling the drivers. All of the drivers I have found failed.

The driver name is "Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter".

And, now the "WiFi settings" in the Network & Internet options doesn't show up.

Later on, my brother's laptop got the same thing. 

I've figured out 2 things:

1. The Bluetooth drivers "Bluetooth device (Personal Area Network)" and "Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)" have gotten the same "Still setting up the class configuration" error

2. Bluetooth and Miracast are no longer working properly.

We got these laptops in December 2018, and mine broke near November 2019 and my brother's broke near December 2019.

No, we weren't messing around with the laptop.

I have even gotten to the point where I bought a wireless network adapter, and even that didn't work.

Is there a solution to this problem? Or would I need a new laptop?

Thank you for reading this, and please let me know if there is a solution.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Joshua222

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.