Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought a Rapoo M200 mouse to use with my Notebook. However, I noticed that as soon as I enable Bluetooth, the Wi-Fi signal is totally unstable (extremely slow) so I had to buy a wired mouse to avoid that problem. Reading another post, they say I would need to switch my router from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz but this is not an option because my router is set to 2.4 GHz and this cannot be changed.

Regarding the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapter, both are Realtek. I'm curious about a solution because I tried a previous solution but it didn't work. I assume there's a conflict on the frequency but shouldn't it be solved by the PC drivers?
I'd appreciate your help on this matter. There was a moment the computer stopped working because of that.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update both the Realtek wifi and bluetooth drivers to their latest versions and restart the PC.

Wifi:

Jun 22, 2020

Realtek RTL8188EE/RTL8723BE, v2024.0.4.208
Realtek RTL8821CE/RTL8723DE/RTL8822BE/RTL8822CE, v2024.0.10.216

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104413.exe

Bluetooth:

1.8.1027.3000      May 21, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104078.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for your answer,  unfortunately, I'm not sure at this time if I should update my driver as I was recommended to use an older driver to solve the problem with the Wi-Fi. 
Previously I had a different problem, before the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi issue and it was that I had only one dot of signal when I am just 2m away from the router.
This was the question, nobody replied but finally, someone recommended me to return to the previous driver and it worked.

Please tell me if you consider I should take a chance by updating the drivers this time.

Kind regards,

Carlos

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Carlos.

You may just want to update the Bluetooth driver if the wifi has issues with the newest driver I posted.

I read the release notes for the Wifi drivers, and this one addresses the wifi-bluetooth coexistence issue.

Fix and enhancements:

- Optimizes the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth coexistence mechanism.
- Optimizes system shutdown time.
- Optimizes the Wi-Fi preferred band roaming mechanism.
- Provides the DCH-compliant driver.

v2024.0.4.208    Apr 24, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103647.exe

The newest driver I posted in my initial reply adds these fixes and would contain all previous fixes.

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where the cursor does not move properly after the system resumes from hibernation.

The latest bluetooth driver I posted fixes this issue...

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue on a system running Windows 10 v2004 where Bluetooth cannot enter sleep or hibernate modes.

This bluetooth driver added fixes for the issue you are having, so the newest one would also contain these fixes...

1.7.1019.3002    Oct 7, 2019

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where the Realtek Bluetooth driver does not uninstall completely from Device Manager.
- Fixes an issue that occurs after the Realtek Bluetooth driver is uninstalled from Device Manager where a Bluetooth device is not recognized in Device Manager and the system does not use the Windows default Bluetooth driver.
- Improves throughput when the system is connected to WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time (coexistence).
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you again. I tried with the updated driver you recommended for the WiFi, but it turned me back to the same problem with only 1 out of 5  WiFi strength. Then I returned to the original drivers for the WiFi: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-v000-notebook-pc-series/6936223/mode...

But I have also noticed there is no driver for Bluetooth. I have to sadly assume I cannot use WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time. Maybe if I update the driver I'll get the Bluetooth to work but I'll have a weak WiFi signal in return, no matter how close the router is to the PC.

Kind regards,

Carlos

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Carlos.

Sorry that the updated drivers didn't work for your model notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.