Gregnothappy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Promised refund not given

HP Recommended
Not sure
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I returned my HP desktop because of a misadvisement of an HP representative (and more reasons) and I was promised, told, and emailed that my return was not only accepted but also that the restocking fee was REMOVED from the return request (i.e. I DON'T have to pay it) as a "one time exception." However, when I got my refund from HP, they only partially refunded me; they charged me the restocking fee. I'm pretty sure this is fraud and I've tried contacting HP, waiting on the phone for hours, to see what happened and why and not one person has answered. All the general email can do is say that they can't do anything about it and I need to call, but obviously calling doesn't work because no one picks up. 

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,530 20,532 1,497 1,747
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gregnothappy

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation