Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP2000 Notebook PC running Windows 8.1

I have been hoping for an update for this network adapter as I have been having network connectivity issues for several weeks and many times the windows diagnostic resets this network adapter.

I am receiving notices via HPSA that there are (2) updates for this network adapter.   I can download the updates, but the installation failed on both and I don't know why or where to look to find out why.  More investigating now has me thoroughly confused.  So here is what is currently installed on my laptop:

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Softpaq Number: SP65428

Driver Date: 11/12/2013

Driver Version: 10.0.0.274 (1.00Ap7)

This Driver Update was JUST installed 4-14-2014 (approx 2 weeks ago)

Here is info on what HPSA shows are updates for this adapter -

Important Updates, notice first received Saturday 4-26-2014

Updates would download but would not install.

* Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for MS Windows

Softpaq Number: SP63802

Version: 1.00Ap21

Size: 73.89

* Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for MS Windows 8

Softpaq Number: SP62425

Version: 1.00Ap17

Size: 38.27MB

(search on hp.com for SP62425 shows date of this update 6-26-2013)

Both of these driver updates appear to be OLDER than what I currently have installed???

If I go My HP account and have my system scanned for updates, the SP65428 I already have installed shows. Neither of the two that HPSA shows I should install appear on my updates.

I guess the question I have now is what is the most current, correct and working driver for Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter??

And if it is what I already have installed, why am I receiving this notice to update from HPSA?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Per a post elsewhere in the HP Forums, current driver updates are available at   http://www.station-drivers.com/ .

I downloaded & installed

Version: 10.0.0.287

Released 3/25/2014

and as of this moment, all appears to be working fine.

I would still like someone to confirm this is the correct driver for the Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Network Adapter for Windows 8.1.  And, if I NOW have the current driver is there a glitch in HPSA to be sending me irrelevant driver update mandates??

Thank you!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Per a post elsewhere in the HP Forums, current driver updates are available at   http://www.station-drivers.com/ .

I downloaded & installed

Version: 10.0.0.287

Released 3/25/2014

and as of this moment, all appears to be working fine.

I would still like someone to confirm this is the correct driver for the Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Network Adapter for Windows 8.1.  And, if I NOW have the current driver is there a glitch in HPSA to be sending me irrelevant driver update mandates??

Thank you!

HP Recommended

In response to your statement "only update if you are experiencing problems"....

Second sentence of my post stated:

"I have been hoping for an update for this network adapter as I have been having network connectivity issues for several weeks and many times the windows diagnostic resets this network adapter."

I'm going to mark my post solved by updating via the research I did myself.  This was of no help whatsoever.  I asked what the driver is/should be currently used with the Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series WiFi Adapter.  That's all I was needing to know.  

HP Recommended

Frankly I am about ready to go out and find an HP building /company facility and throw my laptop right through the window of it. This is quite the load of crap.  These HP "forums" is something that follows in the footstep of google products. It is their way of flipping you off and saying that they have no interest in helping anyone at all. I have seen this same question for months, and all the answers are full of crap and do nothing and is the same everywhere. They run you through a bunch of steps that are a neverending and never work!

HP Recommended

What did you end up doing? I'm having the same problem.

HP Recommended

I actually did, I couldn't get a lot to work initially because for some reason everything that I downdload and installed would just disappear and go back to the old settinga as soon as I turned it off and on. You can tell I was frustrated by the previous posts. I wrote an e-mail to HP corporate, and I don't know if it was a coincedence or not, but I recieved an e-mail back saying thanks for writing blah, blah , blah, about a week later and a day or two after that I got an automatic update alert and it was an update for the Wifi driver. It has worked fine ever since. So I am assuming they just finnally found a fix for it so if you are still having  a problem you might want to check to see if you have missed or uninstalled updates. 

HP Recommended

What is the correct driver?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my PC. I have had connectivity issues for a number of weeks. I have been able to uninstall the driver and reinstall a new one with correct specifications and that had been working. Now it simply won't read any wireless connections at all, despite downloading/installing many types of drivers (including the one that had previously worked).

This leads me to believe it's an issue with the adapter, but it seems as though many people are having this issue so it's a software issue. I have checked for updates to both driver/adapter and was told I have the most updated version of both.

I have an HP2000 Notebook PC, less than 1.5 years old

Specifications about adapter:
Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter
Date: 6/21/2006
Version: 6.2.9200.16384

Specifications about driver:
RealTek PCIe FE Family Controller
Date: 12/26/2012

Version: 8.10.1226.2012

After attempted updates these are both listed as the most up-to-date versions for my system.

Let me state again, to remove any indirect answers, that I have tried downloading a number of drivers, including ones that have worked in the past so they have correct specifications, and wireless is still not working. Through research and phonecalls to many different support avenues (including several at HP) I am led to believe it is an adapter issue.

There are no error messages about the wireless card or adapter and so it is a software issue. If anyone knows avenues to take other than paying the $49.99+$11.99/mo for the required year for a supposed "magical fix" to this problem, please let me know.

HP Recommended

I don't know what to tell you, like I said, I got an update notification one day, installed it, and it suddenly worked....

HP Recommended

I installed the wireless driver for my device and OS from this site Jan 12, 20116 and it fixed both connections (WiFi and LAN): 

[Content Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.