Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Regarding NO MAMES comment:

Per:  http://www.malwareaid.com/how-to-delete-sciologness-com-from-your-pc/

"Sciologness.com is an malicious browser hijacker that can affect all the browsers including Internet Explorer, Yahoo, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Bing, Opera and Safari. It can install on the system along with sharing corrupt, some free software, files and drivers. You may also get infected by opening spam emails, or clicking to unsafe websites, and so on. It installed on the machine as an accessory without an obvious message to ask for any permission. So you have no idea how it comes into the machine."

So I would advise against using drivers from there.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a SONY VAIO Laptop that has the SAME WI-FI ADAPTER in it. The ONLY difference is that I am using the Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version.

Both my Wi-Fi Adapter AND the Ethernet (Wired Adapter) no longer work even though they show up in the Device Manager and SAY they are working JUST FINE! And like you, I cannot remove it (the Drivers) OR anything and nothing seems to work.

I was wondering... Do you STILL have that update HP sent to you? If so, could I get a copy of it? Possibly this might work on my Sony Vaio Laptop as well as yours. Also IF you POST the update it would give others a chance to try it out and see if it works on their Laptop AND/OR PC as well. Anyway I'd be interested in trying it out. Besides it couldn't hurt anything WORSE than it alread is...

Thanks...

Joe...

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same problem, the Qualcomm AR9485 driver is supposed to be in a new SP from HP but it does not work. I would appreciate getting a copy or something to download that will work with an HP Pavilion G7 notebook. Please notify me how to get it. The current stuff on Support.hp.com does not work. I am installing Win 7 Pro that I purchased as a fall back 2nd OS on my laptop so I can upgrade to Win 10 by 7/26/16. I cannot get the unit online under the new OS but I do have it online using the old Win 7 Home Premium. The info from the Device Manager shows the differences quite clearly, no network controller in the new OS but clearly Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 in the old OS.

Thanks much,

Dave

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and have downloaded a lot of different drivers to try to resolve the problem. 

So far it seems to work for about 10 restarts and then the same thing starts happening again.

Would you be able to provide me with the version of driver you are currently using.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@ALCady wrote:

I don't know what to tell you, like I said, I got an update notification one day, installed it, and it suddenly worked....

I'm having the same issue and have downloaded a lot of different drivers to try to resolve the problem. 

So far it seems to work for about 10 restarts and then the same thing starts happening again.

Would you be able to provide me with the version of driver you are currently using.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.