Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I've just received the update "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 8.1" for my Notebook but I've already updated to OS to Windows 10 and just recently had the Anniversary Update installed. will installing this driver update be a problem? will it cause conflicts? i've had a look on the Qualcomm site but it's not very helpful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Peteurc,

Welcome to the HP Forum!  🙂 I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you have upgraded your system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. You are now getting a notice of a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 8.1" and you would like to know if you should install it. If you check the HP software and driver page for your notebook any recommended updates should be there. Most Windows 8 drivers are compatible with Windows 10 but not all. Was the notice from HP? Are you having any problems with your wireless? If not as the old saying goes,if it is not broken don't fix it. I hope this helped.

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Peteurc,

Welcome to the HP Forum!  🙂 I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you have upgraded your system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. You are now getting a notice of a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 8.1" and you would like to know if you should install it. If you check the HP software and driver page for your notebook any recommended updates should be there. Most Windows 8 drivers are compatible with Windows 10 but not all. Was the notice from HP? Are you having any problems with your wireless? If not as the old saying goes,if it is not broken don't fix it. I hope this helped.

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.