Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 240 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I am facing issue with my wireless wifi adapter. Whenever I  start my lap there is no wifi and Bluetooth options available though the driver for wifi are installed but this driver are also not visible in device manager.. Sometimes my wifi works but not everytime.. 

Here are  my laptop specification:

Hp 240 g3

Windows 10 21h2

Processor: intel n3540 @2.16ghz

Ram :4gb

Wifi card: ralink rt3290

Plz help me out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a very common problem with that model Wi-Fi card and the newer builds of W10.

Unfortunately, there is no solution other than to:

Go back to Windows 8.1.

Purchase a dual band USB Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter.

Replace the Ralink Wi-Fi card with one that works correctly in W10.

If you let me know how many antenna wires are connected to the Ralink Wi-Fi card, I will suggest a suitable replacement.

Below is the link to the service manual.

c04655216.pdf (hp.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a very common problem with that model Wi-Fi card and the newer builds of W10.

Unfortunately, there is no solution other than to:

Go back to Windows 8.1.

Purchase a dual band USB Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adapter.

Replace the Ralink Wi-Fi card with one that works correctly in W10.

If you let me know how many antenna wires are connected to the Ralink Wi-Fi card, I will suggest a suitable replacement.

Below is the link to the service manual.

c04655216.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Hi:

Thanks for your reply

I can't switch back to win 7 as I am learning python programming language... Earlier win 7 was on my laptop but python is not supported on win 7

Can you plz suggest me a wifi card compatible with windows 10 21h2

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

In order for me to let you know what replacement Wi-Fi card will work, I need you to open up the notebook and let me know how many antenna wires are connected to the Ralink Wi-Fi card.

That is why I gave you the link to the service manual.

I want to give you the best Wi-Fi card you can install based on the number of antenna wires it has.

There will be one or two.

I also need to know the model Intel processor your 250 G3 has.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.