Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

With Bluetooth ON, WiFi download speed is very slow and intermittent.  With Bluetooth OFF it's fine.  I've installed the latest WiFi Adapter driver.  It makes no difference.  Shouldn't I be able to have both WiFi and Bluetooth operational at the same time?  My other computer and devices can do so.   Do I have a hardware problem or a setup issue?  Just purchased the computer.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an Probook 450 G2 and with the exact same issue. I contacted HP and they said its drivers or a faulty card which I know its not. Did you ever get this fixed.

HP Recommended

No I haven't.  I've looked online some more and may try changing some of the WiFi settings at some point, but I've not had the time to mess with it.  I believe it's interference between 2.4 Ghz Bluetooth and WiFi signals when both are operational.  Bluetooth interferes with WiFi and reduces its speed dramatically.  But, I don't know why.  My work notebook (a Dell Ultrabook) has no problem at all with WiFi and Bluetooth running simultaneously.  Same for my cell phone.  Technically, this should work.....

HP Recommended

yeah,

The laptops I have had in the past worked great with Bluetooth and wifi, I'm not sure why it's mostly just the hp probooks 450s.

HP Recommended

Hey. I don't know if you solved this already, but something that helped me was going to device manager > network adapters > realtek xxx wi-fi adapter > driver >update driver.

When I did that, my speed went up 25x. I think the default driver is just bugged so updating it to anything will fix your issues. The speed still isn't up to what the wifi card should be able to do based on the specs it has, but its a start. 

HP Recommended

I did that when I first got the computer, and it didn't make any difference.  I'll try it again.  Perhaps they've updated the driver further and have (largely) fixed the issue.   Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem!!!! it's amazing the difference with bluetooth on and off!!!!... Please anyone has found a solution?

HP Recommended

Hi @dec005,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having issues with the poor Wi-Fi download speed with Bluetooth on your HP PC. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the Notebook? Please use this link to find the information: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to update the drivers on the PC?

Could you please respond to this post with the details of the product for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet.

Model:  HP ProBook 450 G3

Product:  T4M78UT#ABA

Realtek driver has been updated since my original post.  Driver date is 2/20/2017.

At this point Wi-Fi performance with Bluetooth ON is much better than it was intially.  However, Wi-Fi performance is still down significantly with Bluetooth ON.  I just performed several Ookla Speedtests each with Bluetooth OFF and ON and here's the result.  (average of several tests each condition)

Bluetooth OFF:  Ping = 29 msec;  Download = 57 Mbps; Upload = 11.7 Mbps

Bluetooth ON:    Ping = 29 msec;  Download = 39 Mbps; Upload = 11.6 Mbps

As you can see the download speed is still significantly impacted when Bluetooth is ON.  Also, note that when I performed this testing the computer was about 20 feet from the modem.  So signal strength was quite good.  I'm wondering what the results might be if the computer were farther away from the modem and the Wi-Fi signal was weaker.....  If I get a chance I'll try it.

Thanks for any help/insight you may be able to provide.

Mike

HP Recommended

So, any answer to this?

Have same problem.. almost one year later...

HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc5xx

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bits 

Wifi drops signal when Bluetooth is on

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.