Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook N1L19EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Realtek RTL8723BE network driver ... after purchasing the notebook and firing it up for the first time the until upgraded itself to Windows 10; and everything appeared to be rellatively OK.

The network adaptor was using driver version: 2023.15.701.2015

However, after a recent Windows update the driver update for the adaptor has been playing havoc with the cwireless onnection ... dropping it at will, and dropping it when the notebook 'rests'.

I've scoured the web for a solution but nothing works, so as a final act I 'rolled back' the driver and all now appears OK.

Any idea when this problem with the new driver update is going to be resolved ?????

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

jeffd2651

its a problem

Please uninstall the driver open the device manager uninstall the driver with delete option

please test the older driver

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71432.exe

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi:

Until Realtek fixes the issue with a new driver release...

To keep the updated driver from reinstalling, do this...hide the update.

Here is the link to the download and instructions for running the tool.

It is easy to use.  Just run it and check the wireless card update you don't want installed and that's it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Also, it does not temporarily hide the updates.  The hide is permanent unless you run the tool again and select show hidden updates and uncheck the one(s) you want to install.

I saved the tool in a folder on my PC for future use.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for that ... all done so let's hope it keeps the finger in the **bleep** for now until Realtek and/or Microsoft can get their acts together.

Should never have upgraded to Windows 10 ... always promised myself I wouldn't do it until at least 6 months down the line but the darn laptop did it automatically when it fired up for the first time. Brings back memories of OS's gone by being in an unready state when MS released them ... looks like Windows 10 isn't going to buck that trend LOL.

The money MS is making, you'd think they could afford to pay the developers to get this sort of thing 'right' first time around instead of chasing their tails for ever and a day trying to fix stuff after the event!?!?!?

HP Recommended

jeff

some internet security's blocking the WLAN Kaspersky  etc.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I agree that things should have been more ready to go by the launch date.

But like you said...same 'ol, same 'ol with Micro$oft, so why should we be surprised?

HP Recommended

I've stumbled on this thread after suffering the same problem.

Unidentified Network (IP address not right / found)

WiFi not connected but detects an array of routers near by.

Will try to get an updated Realtek driver from the HP site but generally fed up by the whole experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.