cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mafalda73
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter not working. Low signal or not picking up networks available

HP Recommended
2020 HP Pavilion 14” HD Touchscreen Laptop Computer, AMD Ryzen 3-3200U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last week, I bought two identical HP Pavilion 14" HD, AMD Ryzen 3-3200U. 

One of them is having problems with the wifi adapter. The connection is slow, drops, or it even doesn't connect. It is also not picking up the other 8-9 networks that are around the house, which the other laptops (including the identical one) can see. 

I've updated the driver, uninstall and reinstall, and other suggested tips. Nothing seems to work. I wonder if it's a hardware issue at this stage. I've literally used the laptop twice since we bought it, and we urgently need it for the school year starting in two days. 

Please help!! 

2 REPLIES 2
mafalda73
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update. 
With HP support help, I upgraded WiFi adapter And BIOs. None worked. We complete reset the laptop, back to factory setting. Didn’t work either. 

Can I assume then that this is a hardware problem then, and I need a new WiFi card adapter ? 
if so, should I get the same? Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter

thanks. 

praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 471 748
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mafalda73 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with wifi card.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the wireless module test and let us know.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Wireless module and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation