Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated the driver to the RTL8821CE network card in this computer to the latest driver from HP's website. The version of that driver is 2024.0.3.103 Rev.S. However, with that driver, I keep getting HARDWARE ERRORS in Reliability History every time I turn the machine on and off. Is there a way for me to install that driver that tells Windows 10 not to recognize it as a hardware error? Or will HP be releasing a newer driver that doesn't cause these hardware errors?

Model # 15-da0032wm Windows 10 x64 came installed on this machine but I have installed the latest version (Build 17763.316)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The details of that driver state that it is Windows 10 vers 1809 compatible but the drivers are NOT WHQL certified for version 1809. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cammac49 

Please do a CLEAN install of wifi driver version 2024.0.5.101 Rev.S (I actually could not find  2024.0.3.103 Rev.S from support page )

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

(b) Go to Device Manager to uninstall wifi driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cammac49 

Please do a CLEAN install of wifi driver version 2024.0.5.101 Rev.S (I actually could not find  2024.0.3.103 Rev.S from support page )

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

(b) Go to Device Manager to uninstall wifi driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks very much. The driver updated and there are NO hardware errors in Reliability History.

That driver (2024.0.3.103 Rev.S)  is listed on the support page of this computer's model number and serial and product number.

Again...THANKS!

HP Recommended
Please I could not install the software in my laptop. It shows an error message 'contents of file cannot be unpacked '
HP Recommended

Using this update caused a file not found error when installing. Used SP88574 to reinstall Realtek driver. I then used update driver in Properties for this driver. Finally got to the version mentioned in the post.

HP Recommended

Wifi is not connected my pc 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.