Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1095od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is not showing 5G networks.  I have a Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter in my laptop, which according to the Realtek page and other users on this site, should show 5G networks.  However, when I go to CMD and enter 

netsh wlan show drivers

it shows the following information:

Interface name: Wi-Fi

Driver : Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Provider : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Date : 12/4/2019
Version : 2024.0.10.209
INF file : oem16.inf
Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver
Radio types supported : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b

Is there something that I'm missing?  According to other users on this site, it should show the letters for 5G radio types as well.  As it states, I'm on the 2024.0.10.209 driver and trying to get some help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, I ended up downloading the newest driver for the adapter off the HP website based on some other threads that I read.  I uninstalled the current driver and installed the newest one, which seems to have solved the issue.

I'll keep your solution in mind in case I still have issues in the future.  I'm very hesitant to rely on something that requires a wired connection though as this laptop doesn't have an ethernet port and I don't really want to buy a USB to ethernet cable just for this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pskelly815 Greetings from the HP Community!

Have you run a wireless card test on your computer?

Download and install the HP Hardware diagnostics tool from this link

Once installed, shut down your computer.

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, it could be faulty.

If it passes the tests, install all available windows and HP updates using a wired network to resolve the issue.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I ended up downloading the newest driver for the adapter off the HP website based on some other threads that I read.  I uninstalled the current driver and installed the newest one, which seems to have solved the issue.

I'll keep your solution in mind in case I still have issues in the future.  I'm very hesitant to rely on something that requires a wired connection though as this laptop doesn't have an ethernet port and I don't really want to buy a USB to ethernet cable just for this.

HP Recommended

@pskelly815 That's awesome, I'm glad that helped,

And if you need anything else, feel free to get back to us, anytime.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have the same issue with my Hp Laptop 15s-fq1xxx or Laptop- DVPFPFKC. The realtek Rtl8822ce 802.11 acc... (roll back driver disappeared and I can't no more be able to connect to the wifi. My laptop model doesn't allow me to use the cable for internet. What can I do to solve this. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Premier111

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
    When was the last time it worked fine?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps:

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.

Uninstall a Network Adapter Driver in Windows 10:

1. Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, and type Device Manager into the Search bar.
  2. The Device Manager should appear. ...
  3. Right-click the network adapter, and click Uninstall.
  4. The program will confirm the uninstall.

Most notebook computers have a button or keyboard key to turn the wireless signal on and off. Check the button or key status to confirm if the wireless signal is on.

1. Locate the wireless key or button. This could be an image of an airplane or a wireless signal.

Button or key

Description

A standalone button with an airplane. This enables or disables “airplane mode” and turns off wireless and Bluetooth on the device.

F12 key with an airplane. This enables or disables “airplane mode” and turns off wireless and Bluetooth on the device.

F12 key with wireless icon and LED. This enables or disables "wireless mode." The LED illuminates in white or blue if active, and amber if wireless is turned off.

A standalone wireless button. This is typically located above or near the keyboard.

1. Press the button once, wait 10 seconds, and then observe any changes to the wireless connection icon in the notification area and to the LED light on the wireless button or key.
    • If the button or key does not have a light, hover your mouse over the wireless connection icon in the notification area of the taskbar to see the current connection status.
    • If the wireless signal is turned on, try connecting to the Internet again.
    • If the wireless signal is turned off, press the button or key again to turn it back on, and then try connecting to the Internet again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.