Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 11

No more HP Laptops for me...  bought a brand new HP 14-ec0036au  laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 processor. 

Poor wifi signals with network adapter Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter  Version 6001.0.10.329

USD 800 gone down the drain.   HP service center refuses to action anything.  The service center blames it on the RYZEN 5 processor i bought - they say celeron or intel would not have given this trouble.  Seriously??????????? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi@Kapsgoa,

Thanks for engaging in the HP support community! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand that you need assistance with the wireless connection dropping randomly on your notebook. I’ll be glad to assist you with this.

We need to isolate it to being hardware or software related first.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this first begin?
  • Did it happen after a software or windows update?
  • Have you tried to run any test on the wireless card from F2?

Let's try to follow the steps.

1. Open CMD with Administrator

2. Type:  sc config storsvc type= own 

( this resets this service to its default state )

3. Restart the PC.

4. Check if this fixes it.

I recommend you try to follow the below steps:

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If it does not, please visit this link for further support: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

If not check this link out: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.

The next thing, I would suggest here is to uninstall the wireless drivers from the device manager: 

Right-Click on the start button> click device manager> Network adapters>then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the Wifi drivers.

Then restart the computer and check if you are able to go online.

Finally, please update the bios, chipset, and wifi drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen.   

I bought this new laptop less than 7 days back. The problem started with I first opened and started using.   

I have googled the HP community before writing on the forum.

Thanks for sharing all the fixes. nothing seems to have worked.  With the modem/router placed 6 feet away I get only 1 bar of wifi signals.

Can u recommend a better wifi card.   HP service center refuses to look at my laptop when i have gone there.

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen for trying to help. 

I missed answering 2 questions

• Did it happen after a software or windows update?    NO
  • Have you tried to run any test on the wireless card from F2?  NO - I dont know how to do this
  •  

HP Recommended

Let us initiate the keyboard test by following the below steps:

• Turn off the laptop.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

• The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Figure : Sample list of Component Tests

• Run the Network  Test 

let me know the result.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your patience Praveen.  Here are the pics after the F2 tests.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-04 at 15.07.19 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-12-04 at 15.07.19 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-12-04 at 15.07.19 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-12-04 at 15.07.19 (4).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-12-04 at 15.07.19 (5).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-12-04 at 15.07.19.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi@Kapsgoa,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Thanks for all the help Praveen.  Will submit it to HP Service Center. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.