Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dunidar,

I think the above four comments answer your post.

i.e.we understand that there are problems and difficulties to overcome in producing a new BIOS, but we would just like some sort of hint that HP are addressing the problem, rather than the current silence.

After all, most of us have relatively new laptops, and feel that there is an onus on HP to keep them up to date with regard to the OS preinstalled and it`s updates, if only for the first year (mine was bought on 5/1/2013)

HP Recommended
May I recommend we give poor feedback to HP using the customer survey form I just received when viewing this
HP Recommended

Since upgrading to 8.1 and despite patching to all the latest realtek drivers etc my wifi performance is utterly shyte with this busmastering type error or whatever it is. Fix it HP , pronto, I already had loads of trouble last winter with the AMD microode for win 8.0  and that took yoiu 2 months to fix ( along with MS)  😞 

HP Recommended

Test new BIOS

CQ58 Notebook PC and HP 655 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

VERSION:

F.27

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64675.exe

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended
Bugger all movement from either HP or Realtek it seems. HP should warn all their users NOT to upgrade to 8.1 until they resolve this issue fully along with MS and Realtek.

Best interim hack for the crap wifi issue is.

1. Use start 'window' ( where start button was) so right click on it and click on device manager on the list.
2. Go to Network > Ralink wifi and into properties with a right click.
3. Turn off power management features. This stops windows shutting down or lowering power on the wifi.
4. Now reboot laptop when on BATTERY with power disconnected and in close proximity to router.
5. Laptop gets good signal first time and keeps it, even if you plug it in afterwards.

Laptop seemingly negotiates dreadful wifi connection if on mains power while starting up.

Will test Bios now.

HTH
HP Recommended

TOFFYS  Bios update to F27 fixed my network card for me. Just download and run. 

@Toffy wrote:

Test new BIOS

CQ58 Notebook PC

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

VERSION:

F.27

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64675.exe

HP Recommended

Toffy

Seems to have worked for me!!

Many thanks

HP Recommended

rosenpete100

it's ok, have many error free months
don't forget, check next months new drivers for Windows 8.1 use HP Support Assistant

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended
Toffy thank you for your bios notification. Unfortunately the laptop is currently with the customer so I cannot test the upgrade. I will upgrade the bios when the customer will bring it back for maintenance.

HP Recommended

The update fixes the issue. Everything works like a charm. Thank you very much. Been waiting for this fix for a loooong time 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.