Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The driver dll is the same of previous version.

Only inf file and catalog are different.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem on my CQ58 and this does not work.

Product D4G38EA#ABD

HP Recommended
Disable driver signature enforcement.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-s...

Has anyone tried this? Realtek drivers are unsigned.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

It would be nice if HP were to make a comment - i.e. Are they looking at this problem? Do they think they will be able to solve it? How soon is that likely?

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone

@bitmap

Was the document you posted helpful for you or is your problem still persisting?

@rosenpete100

This is the HP Forums a self-help option where as a community we help to resolve issues related to HP products. If you wish to contact HP you can do so here. If you are experiencing the same issue as indicated in this thread please provide some basic information so we can assist where we are able. I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

I would like to thank you both for posting your issue on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

No, it didnt change anything. I'm still having the same problem. 

Hmmm.

HP Recommended

All of us have the same problem! To resolve the problem we have to wait the new bios, there isn't another escape route!

HP Recommended

I think that all many of us are asking for is someone from HP to just say something along the lines of "We are aware of this issue, it is being investigated and we will let you know if something is in the works" or "the investigation is ongoing and I will let you know in xxx weeks if that condition changes."

Please understand the frustration that some of us feel. We thought since our machines ran Windows 8.0 and this update is is an upgrade and not a completely new OS product we should have minimal trouble. We did not expect to be greeted with messages saying that hardware must be changed or firmware requires upgrading which is something beyond the normal ability of the average user.

All we want to know is, is this an issue that will be addressed or does HP consider these models of machine not supported under Windows 8.1?

HP Recommended
I agree with Adriarnna. It would be helpful if HP would say something about whether a new BIOS update is coming out or not. If HP is not even planning to fix this problem with a new BIOS version, I frankly have no choice but to revert back to Windows 8.0, and that is not easy to do, considering I will have to re-install all my software and stuff.
HP Recommended

Facing the same problem! I'll go and buy a new PC and for sure not HP!!!

{Content Removed}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.