Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 200 2d28tu note book
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased windows 10 update but my wifi driver not showing in device manager even I have to check show hidden device . I have tried various solution on internet but problem still as it's is. Please I want request to solution this problem

16077019781283918995069143561563.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there is no solution.

That model wifi adapter is known to have issues with the newer builds of W10 and that is what it does...completely disappears from the device manager.

Since your notebook most likely has a BIOS whitelist that prevents installing different model wifi adapters from working, your only option would be to purchase a dual band USB wifi adapter.

They make some nano size ones that hardly stick out of the USB port.

If you want to experiment with replacing the wifi card with the full knowledge that the odds are stacked against you for it working, you can try this model...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth4.0 Adapter  HP part #730668-001.

You can probably find this card on eBay or Ali Express.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

c03763129 (hp.com)

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  I have even downloaded a different driver from the HP support page and still does not show up.  I can connect via ethernet but no Wi-Fi from my laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.