Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I bought this in November and I HATE it. I regret going for something cheap but really, it's all I could afford and I desperately needed a new laptop as my old one is 7 years old and was running slow.

Anyhow - this one runs REALLY slow. When online it constantly pops up with a message to ask if I want to "close all tabs" when I'm scrolling which is really annoying. I've tried adjusting things in settings but nothing.

I've also been trying to install Chrome and it keeps opening up a new tab and not actually doing anything.

What am I doing wrong? Clearly I am doing something wrong? I am tempted to go back and start using my old laptop as I've wasted so much of my time trying to use this thing 😞

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Button79 You've mentioned about slow performance related to the browser alone, does that mean the device works fine offline? when not connected to the internet?

If yes, here's a few things you need to do, to resolve this issue once and for all:

• Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs.
  • try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options.
  • Link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that.
  • Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : click here to find and install the same
  • Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for WiFi only.
  • Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: Click here for steps
  • Try this link fixing network connections in windows 10: Click here
  • Then create a new user profile and try to connect both through WiFi and using a wired connection.
  • Then as a last ,resort try to perform a system recovery to factory setting and check if this helps after backing up all your files.

That said, if the device is slow offline as well:

The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE (Scroll to the bottom for more options)

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. Not sure if I am even capable of doing all that but I can certainly try I guess. 

Will let you know how I get on, cheers

HP Recommended

@Button79 Alright, keep us posted,

And if you have any questions, please feel free to write to us, any time.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.