Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello ,

I guess i have a different problem  i hope you can help Me , i've been facing this problem scince i downgraded into windows 7 again , My Wifi Driver Which is Ralink RT5390 Wifi adapter , can''t work properly , the list of available wifi connections is not showing 😞 , i tried many things but the problem still the same , i switched to windows 8 again and the wifi works , but i need the win7 , i cant get my router wifi signal , i installed the latest driver , but when i go to the divice manager , my ralink wifi adapter is not working properly  , do you have a solution for this proplem , please  if anyone knows , please tell me 😄 , by the way i have HP Pavilion Dv7 Notebook

HP Recommended

I followed these steps because I also have a situation where my wifi connectivity goes in an out sporadically. My problem is that I can't get any wifi now. I don't think the Ralink adapter reinstalled properly even though I've tried it twice now. I followed all the steps, but I can see in my device manager, under network adapters, for Ralink RT5390R 802.11 bgn Wifi Adapter, it says -

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
%hs device driver could not be loaded.
Error Status was 0x%x

Should I just try to uninstall and reinstall again? Is there some setting I would have that could prevent the reinstallation?   Envy D030xtTouchsmart

HP Recommended

Hi Barcelonared, Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the wife adapter not working on your computer.  I have done some research and the issue may be driver related. Here is a link to a download for the updated driver.   http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-116475-1

If this does NOT resolve the issue, please let me know and I will be happy to do more research on the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am desperate because i just bought this hp m61225dx and it is giving me alot of headahces and problems. I ntoce that the signal drops and it can not find any wireless router. i called geek squad and they told me to unplug the modem and router,wait 30 seconds and plug them back in. I have done this 100s of times but the problem still happens. I've read post of people saying to unistall Ralink 3T390 and restart your computer. I did this and the network adapter Ralink came back. I do not want to go to geek squad because they want to charge me $99+ and that is an outraged. I already spent enough money on the laptop. I paid for a new laptop not a broken one.I need help. since unistalling Ralink my wifi bars are very low and the weird thing about it is the wireless router is set up in my room. Im less than 2 feet away from it. All my other devices(my old laptop, ipad,ipod and cellphone) are on full bars.

I REALLY need help

My laptop is a hp m6 1225dx, the BIOS version/date is: Insyde F.25, 1/21/2013. I am running Windows 8. I also have Norton Antivirus which I am wondering if to unistall but I will await your reply. The Ralink wireless adapter is Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn. My product number is D1E93UA#ABA and my serial number is: CND3210975.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

HP Recommended

well after spending well over a month with this exact issue being told by internet service provider that it wasn't their issue, and knowing it wasn't my wireless router, i finally figured it out and called hp only to be told that my warranty had run on as of yesterday! and i would have to pay for any help!!!!!!  like internet issues aren't bad enough!  anyway after reading through and posting on this forum, i followed your instructions the best i could as it wasn't exactly as you said but i managed to figure it out and got through all the directions. so keep your fingers crossed it will stay working!!! thank you so much for such a detailed directions so i could fix this hopefully!!!!

HP Recommended

Jewlesz,

Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU!

Your great step by step instructions solved my problem in minutes.  Life saver you are!

Now, can you help with my receeding hairline?

All the best,

Yabs

HP Recommended

i actually discovered that it wasn't my adapter at all it was another problem with a virus protector i was using. it kept shutting my wireless adapter off. so its all fine now. i just had to keep taking one step at a time to figure out what the problem was.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your solution. It worked for me and my Envy DV6.

HP Recommended

Hallo.

I have an USB wireless adapter (from China) and it is from Ralink and there's written as product model TS-N89. Which of these drivers should I download (Windows7 64BIT)?

THANK YOU in advance

HP Recommended
I download the new driver but Internet is still not working l. Normally when I turn it off and on again it works but now it's not working at all. It has the error saying ralink etc is experiencing driver or hardware related problems please help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.