Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy m6-k010dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have located and updated Bluetooth in my Devices folder. I have turned on Bluetooth in settings. The message says, "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices." My Bluetooth device is turned on and has been connected to my cellphone and speaker. 

But I can't get my bluetooth to connect to my laptop. Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't.

That is the only W10 BT driver that HP released for the Ralink wlan card.

I was hoping that would do the trick.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I see that your notebook originally came with W8 from the factory, so that means that you upgraded to W10.

I also see that there are no W10 bluetooth drivers for the model wireless card your notebook has on the support page.

Accordingly, the only suggestion I can offer (assuming you have not done so already), would be to install the W10 bluetooth driver for the Ralink/Mediatek bluetooth radio your notebook has....

11.0.761.0 Rev.A  Jun 18, 2015

This package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

Restart the PC after installing the above driver and then try connecting via bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much. I followed your advice, but I still can't get my bluetooth headset to connect. Do you have any other suggestions? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't.

That is the only W10 BT driver that HP released for the Ralink wlan card.

I was hoping that would do the trick.

HP Recommended

Thanks anyway for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.