Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
1 REPLY 1
07-17-2020 01:12 PM
@PajamaSam25, Welcome to HP Support Community!
What is the Operating System installed on your PC?
If you have Windows 10 OS, follow the steps below-
Have you run a wireless card test on your device to identify if this is either a hardware or a software malfunction?
If not, let's start with that:
- Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics.
- Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer.
- FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
- (By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, this could be a hardware malfunction, please revert to me with the failure ID,
However, if the tests pass, restart your computer, then visit the HP website and use the product number of your device to download and install the wireless adapter from the list under the Windows OS you select.
- If the issue persists, you may want to create a backup of all your important data into an external storage device and perform a system reset:
- Refer to this HP Article for assistance.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community