Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g4 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having a  HP Pavilion g4, Microsoft Windows 7  Professional [ 64 bit ] laptop with the currently installed Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter 7.12.39.28 Driver dated 07 Oct 15 with details of the driver as under :

Driver Files :
C:\Windows\system32\bcmihvsrv64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\bcmihvui64.dll
C:\Windows\system32\bcmwlcoi.dll
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\BCMWL664.SYS
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vwifibus.sys

File version 7.12.26.28

I am very keen to update this driver as it is already 5 years old. Can someone be kind enough to let me know the latest  update/version to the above driver and also provide the link from where  I can download the same.

All help will be  really appreciated.

With best wishs to the community.

Mandira

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mandira Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, if you wish to research on your own, you may click here to find and install the network drivers among others on the HP website, simply follow the screen instructions.

Keep us posted,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Apart from the  details, which I have already provided, what other details do you need? Please let me know.

HP Recommended

@Mandira As mentioned in the OP, I'll need the exact model/product number of your device to help you better,

And, did you happen to check the links I shared earlier? Also, did you find the drivers on the HP website? Do let us know, good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Yes  I have checked up  and now realize that my Broadcom  driver is uptodate. I sincerely thank you for showing interest in my query. This reply may kindly be treated as an accepted answer.

Mandira

HP Recommended

@Mandira

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.