Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2000 2116-TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

Until yesterday, my laptop's wifi was working fine. But today when I fired it up, the laptop could't detect my home Wifi network, but detecting my neighbour's nteworks. I rebooted it a couple of times, but of no help. So, I performed a system restore. After the System Restore my PC's Wifi is detecting my home netwrok, but when I try connecting it by entering the password, it says, "Unable to connect to the netwrok".

I've tested my home wifi router for any problems, and there isn't any. My phone is detecting and connecting to my home netwrok just fine.

Now I have to connect my PC to my mobile's hotspot to do work everytime. This is really frustrating.

Please help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Create another SSID on your home wireless network to see if you can connect to it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Create another SSID on your home wireless network to see if you can connect to it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

But I don't know how to to that, create another SSID i.e.

So, do you think you might be able to help?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

All cable modems with wireless and wifi routers have graphical user interfaces that require a password.

Your ISP or wifi router manufacturer will have information at their support website on how it can be done. There is no one- size- fits- all explanation on how it is done because the interfaces are generally different as they were designed by different programmers.

Once you have access inside the interface youy can change the SSID to something else and even change the type of security that is used.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.