Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Unable to Connect to Wifi

2000 2116-TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

Until yesterday, my laptop's wifi was working fine. But today when I fired it up, the laptop could't detect my home Wifi network, but detecting my neighbour's nteworks. I rebooted it a couple of times, but of no help. So, I performed a system restore. After the System Restore my PC's Wifi is detecting my home netwrok, but when I try connecting it by entering the password, it says, "Unable to connect to the netwrok".

I've tested my home wifi router for any problems, and there isn't any. My phone is detecting and connecting to my home netwrok just fine.

Now I have to connect my PC to my mobile's hotspot to do work everytime. This is really frustrating.

Please help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,980 41,238 4,501 11,738
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Create another SSID on your home wireless network to see if you can connect to it.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
24 18 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

But I don't know how to to that, create another SSID i.e.

So, do you think you might be able to help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,980 41,238 4,501 11,738
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

All cable modems with wireless and wifi routers have graphical user interfaces that require a password.

Your ISP or wifi router manufacturer will have information at their support website on how it can be done. There is no one- size- fits- all explanation on how it is done because the interfaces are generally different as they were designed by different programmers.

Once you have access inside the interface youy can change the SSID to something else and even change the type of security that is used.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
Highlighted
Level 2
24 18 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation