Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am getting this message when i try to install new Driver

"the existing product version is higher than your product version. installation quit"

HP Recommended

No install new wireless card with 2.4/5 Ghz and Bluetooth. Stock PC only had 2.4 Ghz wifi & no Bluetooth

HP Recommended

am getting this message

the existing product version is higher than your product version. installation quit

HP Recommended

See if my solution at the link below works...if not, I don't have any other suggestions for you.

Solved: HP ProBook 4540s Bluetooth problem in Windows 10 (64-bit) - HP Support Community - 7819414

You should have bought this dual band Broadcom wifi/Bluetooth adapter, and you would not have had any issues.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter  HP part #730668-001.

Or if you wanted to really upgrade the card to the max, you could have bought this one...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part # 724935-001

HP Recommended

Thank You for your help. I have ordered the 724935-001 Card. I found a used one for $20. Hopefully once i install new card i will be trouble free. I will return card i now have on Laptop to Amazon. If i have question in the future can i contact you for help? Thanks Again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how your second attempt at a wifi card upgrade went.

Here are the links to the W10 drivers you need for the Broadcom AC wifi card.

Wifi:   7.35.351.0

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

BT:  12.0.1.921

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe

After you are connected to the internet, Windows update should install a slightly newer wifi driver....7.35.352.0

Before installing the card, uninstall the Atheros wifi and bluetooth drivers in the device manager.

If there is any atheros bluetooth software in the Windows control panel, uninstall that too.

Then shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the BCM card.

HP Recommended

i installed new 724935-001 card & installed new Two drivers you sent me. Worked great. Great speeds & bluetooth worked right away. Found my BT headphones right away. Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance, and thanks for letting us know that the BCM AC wifi/Bluetooth card worked just fine for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.