Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name:- HP Notebook
Product Number:- N4G35PA#ACJ

I need to connect to 5G wifi connection. My adapter name is "Realtek rtl8723be 802.11 bgn". I do think, this adapter is not capable of receiving 5G signals. I need a way to fix the issue, is there any way to update the drivers with HP Support Assistant app. What is the fastest that way to update the wifi adapater to support 5G.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are correct.  The Realtek rtl8723be 802.11 bgn wifi adapter is a single band (2.4 GHz only) wifi adapter.

Your notebook has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of any wifi card not listed in the service manual.

None of the wifi cards listed in the manual are dual band.

You can purchase a USB dual band AC adapter.  They make some nano-size ones that hardly stick out of the USB port.

HP Recommended

Please help me with the link to purchase USB dual band AC adapter as per my system configuration, can I get it online? how can I install it?. What does it mean by BIOS whitelist?

HP Recommended

Here is a search link...pick out one that you like the best.

https://www.amazon.com/usb-wireless-nano-adapter/s?k=usb+wireless+nano+adapter

I've already explained to you what a BIOS whitelist is, above. There is nothing more to explain about it.

You replace the internal Realtek 8723 wifi card with a model not listed in the service manual, and it doesn't work.

That is what a whitelist does.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.