08-17-2019 11:57 AM
I have been trying to get logged into the internet but it is stuck in airplane mode and I cannot connect to the internet. My F12 button is lit up orange and doesn’t change when I hit it. When I look at airplane mode in settings it’s green and won’t let me turn it off. Nothing shows up under wireless devices. I cannot figure this out. I have tried to look at other people’s questions but it doesn’t work. I restarted my Modem and nothing works. Please help!
08-21-2019 03:34 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- What is the operating system?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Network Adapter from device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Network Adapter and select Uninstall device.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee