Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello @johnyreb 

(1) Start Windows <device manager>

- Double click wireless device

ub6424_0-1669329762894.png

(2) Click tab [Driver]

--->>> Send screenshot

HP Recommended

Network Driver.PNG

HP Recommended

Hello @johnyreb 

Try these drivers:

if it fails

if it fails

Please report back

HP Recommended

Hi, @johnyreb 

Here is a newer driver for the Intel 7265 than what you have installed, and the release notes indicate that it is good for all versions of W10:

https://support.hp.com/soar-attachment/953/col92098-ob-234139-2-ob-234139-2_sp96951_releasedoc.html

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96951.exe 

From what I can decipher out of the info in the driver setup information file, for the 7265 AC card, it should install driver version 19.51.21.1 with a date of 04/29/2019.

That will bump the driver version up a couple of years.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

I have installed the new driver you have provided and show it here. I presume that should be tried before trying the other drivers provided by Ub6424 in his previous post. The place I need to try it out is not in my home town but will travel there shortly and report back.

Should I still update the earlier Bluetooth driver suggestion by Ub6424 also shown here or try your one out first?

Stream Updated Driver.PNGNewer Bluetooth Upgrade.PNG

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If the PC accepts the Bluetooth driver update to the latest version, that would be fine.

If you read the release notes for the BT driver update, it will install 20.100.10.9 according to the release notes.

If the PC accepts either of the other two driver updates (22.160, 22.150) that ub6424 posted on W10 v1607 that would be fine too.

When you look at the release notes for any of the drivers, there is no mention of a certain build of Windows having to be installed.

The worst-case scenario is the driver installation will halt with the same message you got for 22.170 and hopefully the wireless driver you installed that I posted for you will work.

I don't know if I can find one newer than the driver I gave you that will work on W10 v1607.

HP Recommended

Thank you once more,

As well as installing your new driver I have also tried to install the updated one from Ub6424 and it seemed to update OK as shown. However if I am looking at the correct place (Bluetooth) it appears that it has updated, but not as far as the one Ub6424 supplied.

Anyway over the next couple of days I will travel to the town in question and try out my laptop as it is now then report back.Stream New Bluetooth Driver.PNGStream Bluetooth Check.PNG

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

As I wrote earlier today you have to read the release notes for the driver update. 

Apparently, as of the latest date, the Intel 7265 Bluetooth will not update beyond the driver version you see listed in your screenshot.

Different driver versions are installed based on the model of the Intel wifi adapter your PC has, based on the table shown in the release notes.

HP Recommended

Hello @johnyreb 

@johnyreb wrote:

Thank you once more,

As well as installing your new driver I have also tried to install the updated one from Ub6424 and it seemed to update OK as shown. However if I am looking at the correct place (Bluetooth) it appears that it has updated, but not as far as the one Ub6424 supplied.

Anyway over the next couple of days I will travel to the town in question and try out my laptop as it is now then report back

Stream Bluetooth Check.PNG

I supplied the Wireless Lan drivers, but you are talking about Wireless Bluetooth

Here you get the intel wireless bluetooth drivers:

Intel Wireless Bluetooth 22.180.0

if it fails

Intel Wireless Bluetooth 22.170.0

if it fails

Intel Wireless Bluetooth 22.160.0

Please report back

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Thank you Ub6424

Wireless drivers etc is an area of computing I know nothing about. My computing interests are in databases, CAD and editing music which are all carried out on my desktop HP Pavilion with ethernet connection and a proper 4:3 ratio monitor. Laptops (Notebooks) are not suitable for those uses. I have became a bit confused with all the changes made recently and was thinking about the install I made from your " Intel Bluetooth Site"  I have probably looked in the wrong place to see what is now  installed.

Anyway I am in the process of testing the laptop out with the updates as it is at the moment and will report back very soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.