cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DaveBOPT
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Unable to find drivers for HP Laptop 14s-dq2512sa

HP Recommended
14s-dq2512sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't seem to locate the drivers for https://www.hp.com/ie-en/laptops/product-details/2100722952  

The HP website returns the following message after entering the serial number - "We were unable to find drivers for your product."

I've tried manually installing the Realtek RTL8821CE-M also, but still no Wi-Fi

This is a new machine, with a fresh Windows 10 Pro. Without the Wi-Fi drivers I can't use the support assist tool to update the other drivers.

Any ideas would be great. I suspect I need both the chipset, and Wi-Fi drivers. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,391 91,053 20,982 28,070
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use all of the drivers from the base model 14s-dq2000...

HP Laptop PC 14s-dq2000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use all of the drivers from the base model 14s-dq2000...

HP Laptop PC 14s-dq2000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

DaveBOPT
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Amazing - thanks Paul.

I've spent 4 hours trying to locate that. Even Googling 14s-dq2 didn't auto-complete that model number.

Out of interest, is there a method for locating the 'nearest device model' in case I run into this issue again.

Seems every laptop I purchase from HP has an unnecessarily  long 'model number' 

Is it simply a case of replacing the last digits with zeros? 14s-dq2xxx

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is exactly what you need to do when you don't get drivers by entering the model number or product number in the support page search box--14s-dq2000

I wish HP would go back to what they used to do back in the day, and provide a driver page for every single model PC they make.

1 person found this reply helpful
DaveBOPT
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again really appreciate your help. Was starting to panic a little then - and I haven't had to panic regarding drivers for a while now.

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Enjoy your new notebook!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation