Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 15-B109EL Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to everyone,

I want to upgrade the wifi card of an HP Pavilion 15-B109EL Sleekbook.

This notebook currently has an Atheros AR9485 802.11 b/g/n and I want to replace It with a 802.11 ac wifi card, however I don't know If there are any 802.11 ac wifi cards compatible with that hp model.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try this model...your notebook needs to have two antenna wires attached to the Atheros wifi card in order to have the card work correctly.  So check that first before buying the Broadcom card.

Dual band AC:  Max 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part #  724935-001

You should be able to find the above wifi card on eBay.   Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try this model...your notebook needs to have two antenna wires attached to the Atheros wifi card in order to have the card work correctly.  So check that first before buying the Broadcom card.

Dual band AC:  Max 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part #  724935-001

You should be able to find the above wifi card on eBay.   Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

I will certainly do, thanks for your answer.

I also want to thank you for your suggestion in this topic : Solved: Upgrade Wifi card - HP Support Community - 7928908 ; I have bought the wifi card you suggested and It works like a charm.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.