Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15z-cd000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am in the process of upgrading my Pavilion 15z-cd000. I’ve maxed out the memory, put in a new battery and switched the regular keyboard out  for the back lit model. I am also replacing my old dual router for one with wifi6.  I would like to be able to take advantage of the wifi6 speeds with my Pavilion, (product number 1DJ46AV), but I don’t know what wifi6/bluetooth card to purchase.  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@LadyMai 

The series supports following cards

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11 AC 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) part # 901229-855
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11AC 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) part # 863934-855
  • Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter part # 927230-855   (probably your machine uses this card)

You can use the first two.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@LadyMai 

The series supports following cards

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11 AC 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) part # 901229-855
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 802.11AC 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) part # 863934-855
  • Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter part # 927230-855   (probably your machine uses this card)

You can use the first two.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank You!!!  I will look at these cards. I really appreciate your assistance.

HP Recommended

Hi, @LadyMai 

What model wifi adapter does your notebook currently have installed?

None of the cards listed are wifi 6 and if your notebook has the RTL8723DE wifi adapter, there is only one antenna wire connected to it, and the Intel wifi 5 cards listed above require two antenna wires to work properly.

There is only one wifi 5 card you can upgrade to when your notebook only has one antenna wire to connect to, and have both the wifi and bluetooth work...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express.  I seen an Intel card listed as the first one on the eBay listing, so don't buy that one.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The card will have the same 72 MBPS throughput as the original wifi card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485598.pdf

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, I didn't think to include what card is installed in my Laptop right now. My current wifi card is the Realtek RTL8723DE 802.1 11b/g/n PCIe Adapter.  Looks like I've got the one wire setup.  I  had looked at replacement parts on HP's site, but could not determine what I needed. Thanks for your help.  I will now look for a Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005. Thank you too for the service manual link.  HP doesn't make this model anymore, so I am trying to collect as much info as I can. Again, thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, unfortunately with only one antenna wire, that is the only card where the wifi and bluetooth will work with just one antenna wire.

The card is still on back order from HP, so the easiest thing to do would be to get on on eBay.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I will do that.

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

Make sure you don't buy the first one on the list, because that one is an Intel 3165AC card, not a RTL8821CE.

HP Recommended

Found and ordered the right card. Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here are the links to the latest wifi and bluetooth drivers for the RTL8821CE card...

Wifi

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111899.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.