Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried to pair my Bose Color Soundlink II with my laptop and use it to play music. Do I need special drivers? Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Pamela

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You should be able to play any bluetooth device with your HP laptop given the fact your pc supports bluetooth functionality. I can check for your product if you provide me with the serial no. and the product no. of your model.

HP Recommended

I only have the Serial Number - 074587Q71254579A2 - it is a Bose Color Soundlink II.

Many thanks!

Pamela

HP Recommended

I was meaning the S/N and P/N of your HP Notebook.

HP Recommended

so sorry - 

SN     [personal info removed]

PD    191B5AV

HP Recommended

I'd like to apologize to the moderators as I was unaware about the fact that S/N of an HP product cannot be shared here.

Hello Pamela, as I have to come to know that your HP Envy x360 is a customized pc, it doesn't show the exact specs(without the s/n) unlike a ready to ship model. In that case, you can do one thing. You can go into the device manager of your pc and locate the "Network Adapters" and then expand it to check whether it displays any bluetooth adapter there. Let me know if you find one. I am available on HP Forum on FB (as I am more active there). I am also on gmail.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I tried to look that up. It pairs but only recognizes it as a bluetooth device but not a speaker. That is the trouble. Maybe I need drivers for it.

My email - [Personal Information Removed] to communicate out of this forum.

Thanks!

Pamela

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.