Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-DK0042NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ... I would like to replace the WIFI card Realtek RTL8822BE ac 2 × 2 MU-MIMO + Bluetooth 4.2 M.2 PCI-e WW of my notebook AC with an Intel AX200NGW card, Wi-Fi 6 11AX WiFi Module 2 x 2 MU- Mimo Dual Band Wireless Card with Internal Bluetooth 5.0 Wi-Fi Adapter Support Windows 10 64 Bit, M.2 / NGFF
It's possible ? TNX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ALL RIGHT.
I replaced the Realtek RTL8822BE card with the Intel AX210 and everything works perfectly.
It immediately recognized the bluetooth, while the WIFI did not. I had installed the drivers before mounting the card, then I reinstalled the WIFI drivers, rebooted, ran the test in the BIOS which recognized the WIFI hardware and in windows 10 I found the various wifi networks present.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since we don't have any feedback from anyone who tried to upgrade the card to one not listed in the service manual, we cannot confirm that an AX card will work.

However, if you want to experiment and let us know...this card would have the best chance of working...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You should be able to find this model card on eBay by searching by the HP part number, not the model of the card.

Or you can by it directly from the HP parts store at the link below...25.14 euros.

HP Parts Store: parti per computer HP, parti per stampanti HP e parti Compaq

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

HP Recommended

Ciao, ho appena ordinato l'AX210NGW. come arriva lo installo e ti faccio sapere.

HP Recommended

Hi, I also tried my hand at upgrading my Wifi card with an Intel Ax. The modification was successful by installing an Ax 200 as indicated by Paul Tikkanen (very knowledgeable and provided me with useful advice). For more curiosity I am attaching the link of my resolved question:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Update-Wifi-Card/td-p/7965817 

HP Recommended

ALL RIGHT.
I replaced the Realtek RTL8822BE card with the Intel AX210 and everything works perfectly.
It immediately recognized the bluetooth, while the WIFI did not. I had installed the drivers before mounting the card, then I reinstalled the WIFI drivers, rebooted, ran the test in the BIOS which recognized the WIFI hardware and in windows 10 I found the various wifi networks present.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.