Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion-G6 2230TX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I am facing an issue with my laptop HP pavilion-G6 2230 TX and wifi adapter Ralink RT3290 802.11 bgn

This wifi adapter not showing some SSIDS the SSIDS are not stable changing time to time and even if it shows i am unable to connect some wifi routers. All of my friends laptops are connecting but my laptop unable to connect

It is being connect when i use Ethernet cable only have WIFI issue

I found some of the options are missing in wifi properties--> wifi adapter-->configure --> advanced -->list of properties of network adapters

This wifi adapter showing low speeds in wifi status compared to other adapters

I updated my drivers and done scan for hardware changes.....

I am facing this issue from months still i am unable to resolve and find the issue where it is

please anyone help me to solve this issue...thanks and regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are few things we can say

(a) It does support 2.4GHz only therefore it CAN'T "see" SSID's which use 5.0GHz

(b) SSID's can be hidden (no broadcast) therefore it can't see,

(c) This is a slow card but a right driver may help.

Machine came with FreeDOS. Please try wireless driver for Windows 7:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61501-62000/sp61776.exe

and also Bluetooth:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61501-62000/sp61795.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Dell wireless adapter 2.4GHZ

Hi as you said it is unable to scan SSIDS of 2.4GHZ  but my friend using dell laptop with 2.4GHZ wifi adapter he is seeing all SSIDS and able to access all WIFI routers there is no issue with them. But only HP laptops have this issue 

HP ralink.png

Here advanced properties of HP and DELl laptop are also different 

Kindly help me to solve this issue

Thanks and regards

HP Recommended

Is your laptop connecting to other wireless routers or accesspoint.  If so there there is an issue in the channel selection in the routers.  Pls make the channel selection as manual and for 2.4 GHZ choose the channel 6 and for 5 GHZ choose the channels above 31 or so.  I had this same problem.  But when i did this manual channel selection in the router it worked well.  Thanks to the ACT broadbad network service provider who provided this tip

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.