Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The day before I downloaded two apps, on the day it started happening, I opened the laptop to just blow it and do a light clean.

I reassembled the laptop and started it but I didn't get any wifi signal, I restarted it and I got back the wifi but then, later on, I realize the WIFI just cuts off so I thought it was the router then I realized that I still have wifi on my other devices. I even reinstalled windows but the problem still continues. To this day the wifi keeps cutting off but when I reinstall the wifi network adapter in device manager it comes back on for a while then cut off again, I have to do this continuously to maintain a connection.  I am positive that I did not touch anything related to the wifi connection when I opened the laptop. What can I do to permanently fix this issue? 

Edit 1: I found a youtube tutorial with more additional steps and one of them worked for me. If anyone has the same issue here's the link - WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10/Windows 11 [SOLVED] - YouTube

Edit 2: It started happening this morning, I restarted the laptop, the wifi came back and went again after like 15-20 mins. I restarted again and it came back but went the wifi went again this time, I recognized an unknown device called ethernet controller even though I don't use ethernet. I reinstalled the network driver again and the wifi has been working for a while now.

Edit 3: I reinstalled windows and it worked for a while but it happened again. Weeks later I did a network reset but it happened again after a while, I am wondering if it is a hardware problem because to be fair I have had this laptop for 14+ years.

Edit 4: It's been around  2 weeks since this hasn't happened (yet), kind of shocking but I'll still be looking out for it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I replied on accident ignore this please, thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.