Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-31-2020 06:04 PM
I am having trouble with video conferencing via WIFI with the problem not limited to only one app.
In the task manager my wifi performance graph show A LOT of fluctuation. It seems like every 20 s give or take it drops from whatever value it is directly to zero, then goes back up every 10 seconds or so.
You can imagine how this feels like during a video call, it's unbearable and irritating, plus you don`t get to understand anything from the other side.
My guess is there is a problem or something with the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter, since we use other computers in the same home network, with the same apps and do not experience this BAD performance.
This is my home network (not extremely fast but a decent speed in our side of the globe, 10 Mbps), nothing else is feeding on the network while doing the videoconferencing but still doesn't cut it.
By the way this is a brand new notebook, not even 1 month old.
Any clues, hints or inputs into how to fix this irritating issue? I would really appreciate your help!
Thanks in advance!
04-04-2020 04:31 PM
@Pilucho86 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that wifi keeps dropping.
do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Click here
Try these steps:
Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
If issue persists, continue with the below steps:
If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane.
If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps.
For related post on HP Forums: Click here (please check the product specs before sharing this post)
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
04-04-2020 06:52 PM
Good day Praveen196,
Thanks for your input on my issue.
I´m afraid to say my wireless activity was turned on all along, my wifi adapter has the latest drivers installed and I did turn off the Power management setting. Still, when trying the video conference app, it still lags.
I will attach a picture of the wifi graph from task manager to illustrate better my problem and to see if this narrows down what my issue could be.
Ill be glad to hear from you if have any other input on this matter.
Thank you very much!
04-06-2020 07:47 AM
I understand your concerns.
Some steps to try:
- Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs.
- try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options.
- Link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that.
- Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : http://hp.com/drivers
- Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for wifi only.
- Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/929135
- Try this link fixing network connections in windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues#network-prob...
- Then create a new user profile and try to connect both through wifi and using a wired connection.
- Then as a last , resort try to perform a system recovery to factory setting and check if this helps after backing up all your files.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime.
Have a nice day!!