cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
jd123jd
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

WLAN turns off when Laptop gets closed

HP Recommended
15-ac159ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

To work from home, my laptop is attached to a docking station (targus ACP70 EU). But whenever I close the laptop (it is still running, changed it in the settings) the WLAN stops working and goes into hibernate. I googled around and tried several suggestions (e.g. change the battery settings), but the problem isn't solved yet. Does anyone have an idea? Currently I just leave the laptop open 😊

I have the original hardware in the laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tech9Next
Level 3
54 54 3 9
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there, please try the following step- 

go to Device Manager ->Expand Network adapters and right click on the wireless network card and select Properties.

Now Go to the Power Management tab. Make sure the box is unchecked for 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and click OK.

Hope this works. Thanks.

Tech9Next_1-1612965986355.png

Tech9Next_3-1612966018414.png

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Tech9Next
Level 3
54 54 3 9
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there, please try the following step- 

go to Device Manager ->Expand Network adapters and right click on the wireless network card and select Properties.

Now Go to the Power Management tab. Make sure the box is unchecked for 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and click OK.

Hope this works. Thanks.

Tech9Next_1-1612965986355.png

Tech9Next_3-1612966018414.png

View solution in original post

jd123jd
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you are amazing, its acutally that simple 🙂 I tested it and now it all works fine, will write again in case I get problems again.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation