Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m=-cp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there! I'm having issues with a new-to-me laptop.

My problem is that browsing the internet is a very frustrating experience. It's slow.

Specifically, it seems to have challenges loading pages with photos/videos, but often even just text-based websites. For example, when I browse FB, photos from others' posts come up as blank, usually with a text box that says "we're having trouble loading this image." Similar with videos posted. If I browse FB marketplace, 90% of the images do not load immediately (or at all). I generally use Firefox for browsing, but I've tried Chrome and Edge and experience the same problem. Managing multiple tasks on the computer poses no issues, it seems very much just browsing that is problematic.

- I upgraded from one 8GB memory stick to two, for a total of 16GB RAM (as you'll see in specs below). That didn't solve the issue.

- I have another laptop using the same 5ghz wifi and it does not experience this difficulty (as well as cell phone using the wifi without a problem). So it is not the modem/internet.

- I have updated all of my drivers. When I try to update the network adapter driver, it tells me that I have the most up to date driver installed.

- I have read other threads and have tried turning off my bluetooth in an attempt to solve the issue. That does not solve it.

Specifications

System:

2.PNG

1.PNG

Processor + BIOS:

3.PNG

Memory:

4.PNG

HD:

5.PNG

Wifi Adapter:

6.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SlowLoad Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Webpages (esp. FB) often very slow to load.

Here's a few things you need to do, to resolve this issue once and for all: 

• Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs. 

• try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options. 

• Link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that. 

• Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : click here to find and install the same 

• Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for WiFi only. 

• Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: Click here for steps 

• Try this link fixing network connections in Windows 10: Click here 

• Then create a new user profile and try to connect both through WiFi and using a wired connection. 

• Then as a last ,resort try to perform a system recovery to factory setting and check if this helps after backing up all your files. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I went through all those steps and am still having the same issue.

HP Recommended

@SlowLoad

Have you performed system recovery?

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I performed system recovery. Still experiencing the same problem.

Could the wifi card be just a poor model? Is there an upgrade that could help?

My other laptop (with far less impressive specs) and phone are on the same internet signal, using the same router and do not experience this issue.

HP Recommended

@SlowLoad

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.