Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-da0020cy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I turn on or awake my 15-da0020cy HP 2018 laptop (5ED6OUA) (Windows 64 bit), it automatically connects to my Samsung Series 8 TV, changing the TV source to my wireless laptop.  I get a black screen on the TV with the name of the computer at the bottom, with the message: "Play music on your mobile device."  I then have to EXIT using the TV remote control to disconnect the computer from the TV to return to the TV program.  My older HP laptop, upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 does not do this annoying inconvenience.  Both laptops are set up for media sharing with the TV.  How can I correct this problem with my newer HP laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @MickJagger

Have you tried checking with an external monitor does the issue persist?

Try the steps recommended below to disconnect from the TV.

Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > System > Display.

Step 2: Click Connect to a Wireless display link to reveal the Connect pane. Click Disconnect to disconnect your laptop from the TV or display.

If you still have issues after trying the steps, Please change the media sharing on the TV check the TV manual for more information or contact TV manufacturer for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding

I do not have an external monitor other than the Samsung Series 8 TV.

After the computer automatically connected to the Samsung Series 8 TV, I am able to disconnect the computer from the TV using the TV remote Exit button.

When I awake the computer, the computer automatically connects to my Samsung Series 8 TV.

There is only a black screen and message on the TV - "Play music on your mobile device." 

While the computer is connected and the black screen is on the TV, if I go into the computer “Display Settings,” if I click on “Connect to a Wireless Display,” the Samsung TV is listed on the Connect pane, but it does not show that the computer as connected.

If I hit the Connect button on the Connect pane, the computer screen connects and appears on the TV.

Of course, when I disconnect on the Connect pane, the Computer disconnects from the TV and the Television program appears on the TV.

There is no way to change media sharing on the TV; it is either on or off, and I don’t want to turn it off.

As I said above, only one of my HP laptops does this, and it is the newer (12/2018) i5, Windows 10, 64 bit, HP laptop.

I have talked to a Samsung technical assistant, who remotely viewed the TV.

He was unfamiliar with this problem, but he checked all of the TV settings which were set correctly.

Since only one HP Laptop does this, were in agreement that this is a computer problem and not a television problem.

HP Recommended

Hi! @MickJagger,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Did you try the steps recommended from my previous post?

To work around this problem, use the Windows logo key +P keyboard shortcut to change the display configuration back to Duplicate mode.

Select duplicate mode from the list.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.