Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 2013 All in One
I can not figure out how my wireless was turned off on the HP Envy All in One. I have tried f10, F9, f10... F12 , and they do not change anything. I don't see any Amber or Blue light on the keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
This ended up working for me:

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Kristy296, welcome to the forum.

I am certain that my keyboard is different than yours, but I have to press the "fn" key at the bottom of the keyboard and the "F12" key at the same time.  This will turn my wifi off and on.  You may have to use a different key with the fn key.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
Thank you for your response. It looks like Fn F11 is the magic button to try to connect to wireless, and it searched to connect to torn on but it was not successful.

I picked up my iPhone to test the wireless router in the house, turned wireless off, blue tooth off, roaming off, hot spot off, and like I expected on my phone I could no longer connect via wifi. I then connected to our home wifi only on my phone, and was able to get on the Internet on my iPhone. I then tried again for kicks to connect on the HP Envy to the wifi and couldn't.

Is there another way I might be able to fix what is going on with the computer?
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for the additional information.

I would appreciate it if you would provide the full model of the computer.  You can find it by opening HP Support Assistant.  Please only provide the model and product number, not the serial number.  I need this information to review the specifications of the computer.

HP Recommended
This ended up working for me:

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Thank you!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the Solution to your problem, @Kristy296.

HP Recommended

I was going out off my mind trying to get my wifi to work. The power managment had turned my wifi off to save power.

1)  Type in power option

2)  Go to change plan settings

3) Go to change advanced power setting

4) Go to wireless adapter setting 

5) Go to power saver

6) Place both battery and plugged in on maximam performance

This restored my wifi, thankfully

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.