Level 2
27 17 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

WiFi Adaptor Disapears from Device Manage

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to fix this?  Seems like there should be something in the troubleshooting tools to directly look at the adapter....  Some way to get the software to load.

On Boot-up the Wifi adapter will be missing from the Device Manager - and no WiFi connection is possible.  Network Troubleshooting with windows tools and with the HP tool are both useless as they simply ask for an ethernet cable to be connected.
Looking at the adapter in the device manager, there is a event that says an additional install is required.  Shut-Down will fail, then after forced shutdown, the WiFi will be present.

Nework Connections HP Envy 360 no WiFi.pngNo Wifi Adaptor PresentDevice Manager Install Required.jpgAdditional Install RequiredDevicde Manager with no WiFi HP Envy 360.JPGNo Wifi in Device Manager Lisgt

And then, it starts working:

Nework Connections HP Envy 360 with WiFi.pngNetwork Connections with WiFiDevicde Manager with WiFi HP Envy 360.JPGDevice Manager wih WiFi

Oh, and turning Airplane Mode on and off doesn't make anything start working.

5 REPLIES 5
Level 20
Level 20
109,710 99,887 15,590 23,956
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

I have two suggestions...

1. Remove and firmly reseat the wifi adapter.  

If you can leave the antenna cables connected during this process do so for a quicker reinstall of the wifi adapter.

Sometimes the contacts get oxidized and that interferes with a good electrical connection between the card and the socket.

Consult your notebook's service manual for the wifi card R & R procedure.

2. Update the Intel wifi driver to the latest version directly from the Intel site and restart the PC.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28621/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel...

The above driver will install Driver version 18.33.17.1.

LukeB
Level 2
27 17 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Paul, thanks for the suggestions.

Just performed option 2 (its so much easier than opening up a laptop).  Download, install and required reboot went fine.

Will see what happens after a couple more. start-ups.

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
LukeB
Level 2
27 17 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Loading the latest driver directly from Intel fixed the will missing device problem - Interesting that its designated as unsupported already - how is an I7 based laptop already obsolete?  I haven't found a way to make it automatically connect on startup.  Have to click and select the network to connect to each boot up.  That's annoying, but something that can be lived with.

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sorry that you are having issues with your 7260.

My 7260 AC works fine on my HP 350 G1 (4th gen i3), latest build of W10.

I have the latest driver installed, and I did not make any changes to the default installation or mess with any of the advanced settings.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation