Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy DV7-7323CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Want to upgrade stock WiFi card in this computer. Stock card is Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (single 2.4 GHz band), model 2230BNHMW. I want to upgrade to get dual band WiFi capability if possible. There are 2 antennae ("Main" and "Aux") connected to the existing stock card.

OS is Win10 2004 x64

I've seen recommendations here for HP Part # 710661-001, which is an Intel Wireless AC 7260 and (I think) this card includes a Bluetooth radio also. Is this the right card for me?

My HP notebook seems to have the BT radio SEPARATE from the stock card? Can that be right? If so, what would happen if I install the 7260 card that has integrated bluetooth? Would there be a conflict?

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The intel 7260 AC card will work just fine assuming you get that part number...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The Intel 2230 single band card has integrated Bluetooth as you can see in the specs below...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/66889/intel-centrino-wireless-n-2230-single-ban...

Bluetooth conflicts are a non-issue.

As a matter of fact, if you look in the device manager under the Bluetooth device manager category, there will be an Intel Bluetooth device listed and that is the 2230's Bluetooth.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hmm - I just found some documentation that suggests that my EXISTING bluetooth is indeed integrated in the Centrino N-2230 card, so perhaps bluetooth conflicts with installation of a new card are a non-issue. Whoops.

Still curious, though, as to whether the 7260 is the right choice for a possible upgrade.

Thoughts/opinions/advice appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hi:

The intel 7260 AC card will work just fine assuming you get that part number...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The Intel 2230 single band card has integrated Bluetooth as you can see in the specs below...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/66889/intel-centrino-wireless-n-2230-single-ban...

Bluetooth conflicts are a non-issue.

As a matter of fact, if you look in the device manager under the Bluetooth device manager category, there will be an Intel Bluetooth device listed and that is the 2230's Bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I've been looking at this part on eBay - would it be a match for me?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DualBand-Wireless-AC-867M-Mini-PCI-E-BT4-0-Card-Intel-For-HP-SPS-710661-001...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That one should be fine as you can see the 710661-001 SPS # on the label.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.