Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, yes I completed the scan. The result was "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Regarding your other suggestions, the speed is not the issue. What happens is that the computer completely loses the internet connection, the icon in the status bar changes to a globe. It is still connected to the wifi network but there is no internet service through the network. I have to manually disconnect and reconnect to the wifi network to restore the internet connection. This issue does not happen on any other devices, it is not an ISP issue.

Regards,

Chris 

HP Recommended

@Moose444 I understand your concern and I suggest you access the device manager using the Windows+X and right-clicking on the option listed under the wireless adapters, followed by selecting properties and go into power manager to check the box that reads - "Allow this device to wake your laptop", click on apply and ok, restart the device and check if the issue is resolved, keep me posted!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I do not see a power management tab for my wifi adapter.

Regards,

Chris

HP Recommended

@Moose444 Alright, the only other way to fix the issue is by using Windows PowerShell, please follow the step by step guide mentioned below:

1. Go to Desktop, right-click and select New -> Shortcut. In the Create Shortcut window paste this command:

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe restart-netadapter -InterfaceDescription '<WIRELESS ADAPTER NAME HERE>' -Confirm:$false

Substitute your system root drive with C: and wireless adapter name which you can get from Device Manager window shown previously in this article. In our case the wireless network adapter was Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, so the command becomes:

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe restart-netadapter -InterfaceDescription 'Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection' -Confirm:$false

WiFi-Gets-Disconnected-After-Sleep-3

Click Next.

2. Moving on, name this shortcut like WiFi Reset and click Finish.

WiFi-Gets-Disconnected-After-Sleep-4

3. Finally, right-click the shortcut so created and select Properties. Click Advanced and in the Advanced Properties window, check option Run as administrator. Click OK, then Apply, followed by OK.

WiFi-Gets-Disconnected-After-Sleep-5

You can pin this shortcut to Start Screen and double click as soon as you came around the issue. After double-clicking, let the system execute the command and reboot the machine. This should fix the problem.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I completed this step and created the shortcut.

Regards,

Chris

HP Recommended

@Moose444 That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't intend to say that it solved the issue. I was just stating that I was able to create the shortcut. I wont know if this solves the issue until it happens again and I try the shortcut. I would prefer a permanent fix, not one where I have to click a shortcut.

Chris

HP Recommended

I am having an additional issue. Something we have changed is now preventing me from connecting to a wireless printer. I have tried reinstalling the printer software and the printer can't be found. I can't even ping the printer in command prompt, I get the response "general failure." The printer works fine from all other devices on my network.

How can I resolve this?

Regards,

Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.