Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17 17t-k200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Other than that description I cannot tie it to any event, this has been going on over a year, probably more.

I just discovered that if I change bands, 2.4GHz to/from 5GHz. the WiFi cannot reconnect

Happens on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Happens on three different routers.

No other device has this problem (A very cheap Windows 10 laptop, another HP computer running W7 or linux, two different Raspberry Pis, 4 android devices, a T-Link router configured as a client, plus devices of guests)

When the WiFi disconnects, I go to Device Manager, disable the device, enable the device and reconnect to a router.

Device Manager Reports:

• General
    • Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC7260
    • Driver Date 9/3/2018
    • Driver Version 18.33.14.3
  • Power Management
    • [ ] Allow computer to turn off this device to save power (no check mark)
  • Advanced
    • 802.11 a/b/g Wireless Mode 802: 6. Dual Band 802.11a/b/g
    • 802.11n/ac: 80211ac
    • Ad Hoc Channel 102.11b/g: 1
    • Ad Hoc QoS Mode: WMM Disabled
    • ARP offload for WoWLAN: Enabled
    • Bluetooth(R) AMP: Disabled
    • Channel Width for 2.4GHZ:20MHz Only
    • Channel Width for 5GHz: Auto
    • Fat Channel Intolerant: Disabled
    • GTK rekeying for WoWLAN:Enabled
    • Mixed Mode Protection: RTS/CTTS Enabled
    • NS offload for WoWLAN: Enabled
    • Packet Coalescing: Enabled
    • Preferred Band: 3. Prefer 5GHZ band
    • Roaming Aggressiveness:1. Lowest
    • Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect: Disabled
    • Throughput Booster: Disabled
    • Transmit Power: 5. Highest
    • U-APSD support: Disabled
    • Wake on Magic Packet:Enabled
    • Wack on Pattern Match: Enabled

Here's what I've done:

• checked for current driver and updated as necessary No change
  • switch to two different routers No change
  • connected LAN to dedicated WiFi client device problem not detected but doesn't fix internal WiFi
  • set power manage to not turn off WiFi No change

I haven't tried:

• netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
  • netsh winsock reset
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have a HP 350 G1 with the same card and it works fine on W10 v1903.

Now, I don't ever try to switch frequencies because I don't have a reason to do so.

I leave it on the 5.0 GHz wifi band where it gets the fastest throughput.

There is a newer driver...18.33.17.1 dated 4/29/19.

I did not change any settings.

Power management Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is checked.

Advanced
802.11 a/b/g Wireless Mode 802: 6. Dual Band 802.11a/b/g   Same as yours
802.11n/ac: 80211ac                                                                            Same as yours
Ad Hoc Channel 102.11b/g: 1                                                              Same as yours
Ad Hoc QoS Mode: WMM Disabled                                                       Same as yours
ARP offload for WoWLAN: Enabled                                                     Same as yours
Bluetooth(R) AMP: Disabled                                                                  Same as yours
Channel Width for 2.4GHZ:20MHz Only                                             Auto
Channel Width for 5GHz: Auto                                                              Same as yours
Fat Channel Intolerant: Disabled                                                          Same as yours
GTK rekeying for WoWLAN:Enabled                                                    Same as yours
Mixed Mode Protection: RTS/CTTS Enabled                                      Same as yours
NS offload for WoWLAN: Enabled                                                        Same as yours
Packet Coalescing: Enabled                                                                   Same as yours
Preferred Band: 3. Prefer 5GHZ band                                                 1. No Preference
Roaming Aggressiveness:1. Lowest                                                    3.  Medium
Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect: Disabled                                            Same as yours

Throughput Booster: Disabled                                                               Same as yours
Transmit Power: 5. Highest                                                                    Same as yours
U-APSD support: Disabled                                                                      Same as yours
Wake on Magic Packet:Enabled                                                             Same as yours
Wack on Pattern Match: Enabled                                                          Same as yours

You can get the same driver version I have on mine at the link below.  1st one on the top left side of the page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28621/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel...

OS support and versions

Windows® 10:
PROSet version = 21.10.1
Driver version = 18.33.17.1

HP Recommended

Thanks!

I've loaded the driver.  I'll come back in a week or so if I don't see the problem to report; sooner if there is a problem.

osd

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I hope it works, because if not, I wouldn't have any other ideas for you to try.

HP Recommended

Well, here it is a week later and I haven't had to disable/enable the WiFi to get it working again.    I am happy with that.  I have noticed some lags, though.  Like it lost it but corrected itself.  This is tolerable and I probably would have never noticed it if the lag didn't appear to be the start of the failure.

So thanks for the help!

Gregg

HP Recommended

Anytime, Gregg.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.