Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion HP 15-ac011nl
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi guys, I would like to change the wifi / bluetooth module that is installed by default in my laptop (Pavillion HP 15-ac011nl) to have one that is also WiFi 5ghz enabled.
I bought an Intel module but it's not compatible, in fact Windows 10 doesn't even detect it. Could you tell me which module to buy to avoid spending more money unnecessarily?
Thank you!

Ritaglio-photo_2021-07-05_12-16-56.jpg

*This is the original module Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter (only wifi 2.4ghz + Bluetooth)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of most other wifi cards from working.

You can experiment with this card which only needs one antenna wire for both the wifi and bluetooth to work.

A few folks have installed them in the HP 250 G4 which uses the same BIOS and service manual as your model.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel cards listed as the first one on the eBay listing, so don't buy those, because they need two antenna wires to work and the whitelist may prevent them from working as well.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001

The card will have the same 72 MBPS throughput as the original wifi card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has a BIOS whitelist which prevents the installation of most other wifi cards from working.

You can experiment with this card which only needs one antenna wire for both the wifi and bluetooth to work.

A few folks have installed them in the HP 250 G4 which uses the same BIOS and service manual as your model.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel cards listed as the first one on the eBay listing, so don't buy those, because they need two antenna wires to work and the whitelist may prevent them from working as well.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001

The card will have the same 72 MBPS throughput as the original wifi card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

HP Recommended

Thx very much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

This works perfectly!

RTL8821CE 802.11AC 1X1 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 Combo Scheda Adattatore SPS 915621-001 senza fili netowrk carta Per hp ProBook 450 G5 PB430G5 Serie

https://a.aliexpress.com/_v3Wz8l

HP Recommended

Glad the RTL8821CE is working in your 15-ac0xx model series notebook.

Thanks for letting us know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.