Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-cr0000 IDS Base Model

I reset my modem and router first thing and then tried to connect to wifi.....I couldn't even get an icon to show.  Went through every step in the book, including getting another ethernet cable (laptop suggested this was the problem)......not so much.  Didn't solve the problem.  Had to call HP.  Took me through steps to do a full diagnostic with a hard shut down and hard start.  I had already done a factory reset.  She told me that the computer checked out fine and that the problem was quite possibly the modem and/or the router.  Internet company says it's not them.  So now, nothing in the house works that relies on the router and modem.  They are running and there is no internet.  I can't even get past the setup on the laptop...."Let's connect you to a network".  I'm ready to trash this thing and go buy another one.  This is still under warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.